EMPOWERING ONDO STATE YOUTHS/ STUDENTS -A MISSION TO ACCOMPLISH*. By Muyiwa Ogunyemi
*EMPOWERING ONDO STATE YOUTHS/ STUDENTS -A MISSION TO ACCOMPLISH*.
There is no gain saying the fact that the Ondo State Government led by his excellency, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu (SAN) has the best interest of the people of Ondo state at heart with a special focus on the development of the Youths and Students since they are the hope and future of our great state.
Therefore, it is not surprising that any visionary leader like ours will want to pay close attention to the youths and students especially when it is a common knowledge across the country that Ondo State is blessed with brilliant and intelligent youths who always stand out in the crowd in all spheres of life both home and abroad and in any chosen profession.
According to Franklin D. Roosevelt, *“__We cannot always build future for our youth but we can build them for the future_”. In the light of this, His Excellency is ready more than ever to provide all necessary support, partner with and empower our youths and Students in a bid to prepare them for the future and make them self reliant.
This will be achieved through:
1. Provision of grants and awarding contracts to outstanding and worthy young entrepreneurs in their areas of specialization for the purpose of business development.
2. Provision of special scholarship/ bursary .
3.Continuous liaison with the various Student Union Governments in all institutions of higher learning in the state for feedbacks on the needs of students and where prompt government intervention is needed to enable government prioritize accordingly.
4. Vocational training and skills acquisition programs for the youths.
5. Career guidance/ mentoring programs for students.
6. Inclusion of the Youths and Students in decision making through various SUGs and NANS and the various Youth Leaders.
7. Constant Workshops/ Seminars on the need for the Youths to shun all anti social activities such as Cultism and Drug Abuse.
In line with the Vision/ Mission of His Excellency, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu to better the Lot of youths and students in the state, various creative and innovative ways are in place to achieve this and the above listed represent just a few of them and a glimpse into what the future holds for our youths.
However, we welcome bright and innovative ideas on how we can harness the vitality of our youths to make Ondo State one in which the youths are not only known for academic excellence but also as a state brimming with successful professionals and entrepreneurs with bright future.
Please continue to stay safe and Happy Workers’ Day!
God bless Ondo State Students!
God bless Ondo State Youths!
God bless Ondo State!
God bless Nigeria!
Special Assistant to Ondo State Governor on Youth and Students ‘ Affairs.*