By Olasumbo Apanpa Sunday Igboho’s experience in Cotonou reminds me of how most Nigerians have lost all “Sense & Sensibility” for right living, and the…
The Deji and Paramount Ruler of Akure Kingdom, Oba Aladetoyinbo Ogunlade Aladelusi, Odundun II, has frowned at unwarranted killing, maiming of innocent and destruction of property in Akure Kingdom, which is a fallout of the end SARS protest that engulfed major cities and towns.
- Oba Aladetoyinbo wishes to appeal for calm and restrain from any further protest which might lead to any form of reprisal attacks by hoodlums who had hijacked the once peaceful protest in Akure and other parts of the state.
- A restrain and suspension of protest will afford goverment and security agencies the opportunity to apprehend all the miscreants who took advantage of the situation to wreak havoc, destroying private and government buildings, property and looting of public and private establishments across the state.
- Oba Aladetoyinbo Ogunlade wishes to commend the State Governor for his proactive measure towards compensating those who lost their valuables to this crisis.
Additionally, His Majesty is in support of the government’s effort to apprehend these criminals with a view to visit the full wrath of the law on them.
- However, Oba Aladetoyinbo wishes to appreciate the youths of Akure who came together notwithstanding their political cleavages to salvage the situation. It is an understatement to say that your fruitful efforts helped in restoring normalcy to Akure. His Majesty salutes your courage in this regards.
- His Majesty is equally happy with the cleaning activities carried out in all major roads and streets in Akure by the Youths. His Majesty sincerely appreciate the youths and all the Quarter Chiefs for their remarkable efforts.
- Finally, His Majesty once again appeal to the youths to be on the lookout so that we can flush out all the criminal elements from among us.
- His Majesty urges the youths to channel their genuine grievances to the appropriate quarters through democratic means.
There is no iota of doubt that the voice of the youths have been heard loud and clear.
Let us give peace a chance.
- Akure a gbe a oo